Friday, August 14, 2009

STAR EYES



WHO ARE YOU?


My name is Star Eyes. You can call me Vivian if we know each other. I live in an industrial part of Brooklyn. I'm best known for being a DJ and 1/4th of the Trouble & Bass crew. I am also known for, in no particular order: using weird slang, dancing a lot, carrying Sharpies wherever I go, wearing hot pink pants, making dirty jokes, drinking Maker's Mark, and thinking puppets and lemurs are funny.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO LATELY?

In the last few months, I released the Disappear EP on Trouble & Bass (as well as a video that's up at troubleandbass.blogspot.com) and a remix of Michna (on Ghostly). Lately, I'm working on writing more songs and staying cool.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE COMING UP?

Got an L.A. installment of our Trouble & Bass party coming up August 14th, then a T&B Euro tour with myself and The Captain in September, before we come home and celebrate three years of Trouble & Bass with Skream & Benga (September 19, Le Poisson Rouge, NYC)! So basically I am partying until winter, then I will cuddle up to my Mac and hibernate.

WHAT MUSIC ARE YOU INTO RIGHT NOW?

Right now, I'm on a sort of goth tropical vibe. On the new end: minimal house, UK funky, grime, spooky dubstep. On the classics tip: Happy Mondays/Madchester stuff, old Roll Deep mixtapes, Mount Sims' Wild Light album, Caustic Window, nature sounds (oceans and rain mostly).

WHAT ARE YOU FEELING RIGHT NOW?

Summer obsessions include:
* Finding the best tacos around where I live and eating them repeatedly. Lately, I can be found Papacito's in Greenpoint for their $1.50 taco happy hour. Their seitan tacos are amazing. I also rate La Superior in Williamsburg (though their tacos are crazy small) and Taco Chulo.

* Watching Durrty Goodz freestyles. Amazing. I love his crazy eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wexOETq-yfw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceaTUosMz0U&feature
=related


* I am not all ComicCon or whatever but I really enjoy reading the Masters of the Universe character wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Masters_of_th
e_Universe_characters


WHO SHOULD WE WATCH OUT FOR?

Mikix the Cat (a.k.a. Momma's Boy), Bok Bok, Kingdom, Egyptrixx, Joker, DJG, Rampage, Dre Skull, Jubilee, Mayster, Tomb Crew!, and of course my dudes: Drop the Lime, AC Slater, and The Captain.

Get more info on STAR EYES at her MySpace

No comments: