Monday, September 28, 2009

William Denton Ray Interview



WHO ARE YOU?

William Denton Ray - I live in Indianapolis, IN and I reside on the Southside with my wife, my two sons, two dogs and a goldfish!. I am a Graphic Designer for an event company in Indianapolis and a very active Artist. I create Artwork in various styles and mediums. My work has been described as Whimisical Funk and so I use that as a tagline to my work "Whimisical Funk"! To see my Whimisical Funk add me as a friend on Facebook as I post artwork daily drawings called wIllustrations" on my facebook profile. i also have most of my artwork on there!

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO LATELY?

I just completed the Stutz Residency Program which was a great experience and great for my artistic career. I learned alot about having my own studio space and being involved in a creative community. I just had my Residency Show at the Stutz Art Space in Downtown indianapolis. i also had the opportunity to show at the Art Box on the same night in a show entitled "Format" wit htwo other local artists. So I have been swamped!

WHAT DO YOU HAVE COMING UP?

I just moved in to a new Studio at the Harrison Center for the Arts on 16th and Delaware. On the Horizon there will be a three man show myself, James Ratliff and Brian Phillips. We are working on a title and will be doing a documentary of the entire creative process of putting together a show. It should be very cool and we will premiere the video on opening night of the show! more to Come it gonna be Great!

WHAT MUSIC ARE YOU INTO RIGHT NOW?

I love this question, All kinds.... here's what I keep listening to though, The National, Kings of Leon, Joe Henry, Passion pit, Friendly Fires, Rogue wave, Nada Surf, Leonard Cohen, Muse, Radiohead, Chad Farran and tons more, My music is always on Shuffle!

WHAT ARE YOU FEELING RIGHT NOW?

Fantasy Football - it's the only sport I love, i love the drama that is associated with Competition, Always loved Football!
Luna music - Support your local music store! Mega Stores are too much support the small guys!
Spicy Food and hanging out with my three year old Jazper and my stepson Jordan!

WHO SHOULD WE WATCH OUT FOR?

James Ratlif and Brian Phillips - Two Local Artists that I hang out with and whom I respect alot. Love these guys and there work!

Also Art Box Gallery, Great Gallery in Downtown Indianapolis with great shows every First Friday! Become a fan!


Get more info at http://www.wdrdesigns.com

No comments: